Garden Route Attractions
Oyster Creek Lodge is within driving distance of Knysna’s attractions – there’s lots to see and do. We are proud to be affiliated with Knysna Tourism.
Knysna is home to several championship golf courses, beautiful scenery, forest elephants (Knysna Elephant Park), and – of course – the well-known Oyster Festival. Outdoor activities include swimming, bird watching, boating, canoeing, fishing and mountain biking. Knysna also has world-class restaurants and shops. All of these activities mean that there are many things to do in Knysna!
- The Knysna Heads – go for a walk along the Heads and see the panoramic views of the town and lagoon.
- A ferry ride across the lagoon is a great way to visit the Featherbed Nature Reserve.
- Beaches – The coast surrounding Knysna is truly beautiful. Visit Brenton-on-Sea, Buffalo Bay, Bollard Bay on Leisure Isle, and the beach and estuary at Noetzie.
- Whale and Dolphin Watching – The Knysna coastline is home to one of the highest diversity of marine mammals in the world, including whales and dolphins.
- Abseiling – What better way to experience nature than abseiling the cliffs at the Heads.
- Diving along the coastline is a great experience. Contact a local dive shop for information.
- Cycling and Mountain Biking – Knysna offers cyclists some great mountain bike trails.
- Sailing – With over 18 square kilometres of lagoon, and a tidal system of over 1.7 metres (five feet) Knysna draws sailors from far and wide. There you can enjoy swapping stories at the third oldest yacht club in South Africa, with its most hospitable ‘bar’.
- Elephant Park – This experience is somewhat more personal than elsewhere – visitors are allowed to touch and feed the elephants – Harry, Sally and Duma.
- Horse Riding – There are a number of riding schools in the area catering for both the novice and experienced rider. Each school offers its own unique horse riding trail. Choose from forest, coastal, fynbos or mountain trails.
- A golfing holiday with a difference – With championship courses designed by some of the world’s leading course architects, including a Jack Nicklaus signature course, and easier-playing, yet still challenging courses in abundance, every Garden Route golfer will enjoy a satisfying round or two in this fascinating part of the world.
Look no further. Choose Oyster Creek Lodge today!